Woohoo, you made it to Part 3 of our 3-part blog series on marketing during COVID-19!
This series is an extension of a webinar we collaborated with Hangar18 Design Continuum on “Navigating Marketing Through COVID-19: Then, Now, Next”. We thought the information would be useful for businesses and as we are an expert in marketing, we wanted to share some tips!
In Part 2: “Planning For Marketing During COVID-19”, we examined what creatives should look like and what channels to best invest in.
In this blog, we’ll be looking at how to formulate your post-COVID-19 marketing plan.
We know that the market will most likely not look the same as it did pre-COVID on both the business and the consumer side, so your demographic might shift to the “new normal”.
Mindshare conducted a survey and results show that consumer segments and brand loyalty will shift.
- 62% of shoppers say they are likely to continue buying from new brands they’ve tried
- 59% will continue to try new products once the pandemic is over
Businesses should be prepared for these shifts, but also see these shifts as opportunities to connect with consumers in new and innovative ways.
As we all know, it is the role of your marketing department to connect with these target consumers, and to inspire them! Therefore, it would be a critical mistake to suffocate the department that connects with your customers most. Connecting with your customers during this time is a delicate practice.
When Should I Restart Paid Media?
How Can I Capture Conversions?
To best understand your demographic, identify shifted trends to best adapt to a post-COVID world, here are some questions to reflect and do some research on!
How’s Your Organic Traffic & Social Media?
First of all, you can utilize tools like Hootsuite or SEMrush that manage your social channels, SEO, and advertising. Right now is the time where any analytics that your systems offer will be of great use to your organization.
Keep an eye on:
- What do you notice about your followers?
- Who are they following?
- What are they interested in?
- Who are they interacting with — are they interacting with you?
- How has the current crisis changed your relationship with your followers/consumers?
- Are they running campaigns?
- Have their followers and interactions increased, decreased, remained steady?
- What are they doing differently from you?
This is a great way to identify which industries maybe weren’t as affected by COVID-19 or which industries have strong reopening or return-to-work strategies.
After emotional shocks that shook society like 9/11 and the financial meltdowns of recessions it’s a time to pause and reflect. Think about what’s really important, which should be: health, family and the present.
For a lot of us, we keep thinking about the future.
What to do next, where to turn, all the while we still have that emotional load of being vulnerable. Being cautious, trying to be careful and sensitive to others. You look for that in others and in business. Communicating a level of social responsibility is more than ever the key to conversions!
Tip: Try to be both proactive and sensitive. Be creative and show you care about your community.
A smart idea would be to develop relationships with local small businesses down the street. Collaborate and develop co-branded offers which adds value to everyone by encouraging them to shop locally, help the community and show that your business cares.
Consider creating offers for seniors, locals, first responders, healthcare workers etc. Leverage your loyalty list, now is the perfect time to connect with your existing clients and deepen the bond!
YYoga, a client of Hangar18 actually sent out a survey to their existing clients asking to help them with their reopening strategy. They wanted to hear from their clients about what they would be comfortable in the coming weeks, in order to gauge what kind of attendance they would have and how soon — we thought this was brilliant. And it is so simple to just ask.
Communication is going to be the key to survival. Understanding your strategy is one thing, but how are you going to clearly communicate it to your team, your partners, your suppliers and most importantly, to your clients? It’s a sensitive time and every word counts.
Hope you found this blog series helpful in navigating marketing through COVID-19.
You can find more advertising resources for your business like this one at the Advertising Institute.
Are you looking to elevate your advertising?
- Businesses should prepare for these the post-COVID shift. Studies show that brand loyalty will shift as more than 50% of shoppers say they’re going to continue to try new products after the pandemic, so be sure to monitor for the right time to restart paid media that’s right for your business!
- To capture conversions, it’s important to work on your company’s organic traffic and social media. Grow rapport with your audience. Keep an eye on how what your competitor is doing, what is in trend in your industry, what the job market looks like etc to get a feel for what the best practices are for re-opening. Be sure to test the waters so you’re not tone-deaf in the new landscape post-COVID.
- When it comes to preparing for the future, be creative and show that you care about your community and don’t forget to be socially responsible, proactive and sensitive in this day and time.
- Get creative with your offers, fuel your existing customer base’s loyalty by connecting with them.
- Take this time to also prioritize your marketing investments, what can be trimmed and what should be emphasized. What can be done in-house and what can you out-source? It’s the time to readjust before going forward.
Significant changes are coming in 2021, and marketers are biting their nails in anticipation. One of the events that might affect brands and their Facebook Ad strategy is Apple’s iOS 14 update, so we’re here to give you the lo-down. Here are the categories we will...
We're not being dramatic, we're just Over The Top. Over-The-Top (OTT) has been quickly gaining momentum in the video streaming and advertising world. Let's go over what it is all about. Here is the outline we will be covering in this blog: What is OTT (Over The Top)?...
There are a lot of programmatic advertising platforms in the world. You’re an advertiser on the hunt for a reliable, trustworthy programmatic ad partner. You need a company who knows the business of programmatic tech, and can use it to make your ad spend go further,...