War Room created the concept of a corporateto support employees and clients in their personal philanthropy and charitable giving by providing a one-to-one (1:1) monetary match.
Eligible participants are limited to:
Eligible charitable organizations must be one of the following (excluding noted “Ineligible Recipient Organizations”):
1. Canadian Charitable Organizations that are:
a. Recognized by and registered with the CRA as a charitable organization
Note: All organizations must be approved by Kedet Kares and must confirm compliance with program criteria in order to participate. Kedet Kares is currently focused on supporting local charitable organizations. Donations should align with supporting local organizations.
Ineligible recipient organizations include, but are not limited to, the following (please note that this list is representative of frequent questions and may be expanded or amended by Kedet Kares):
Each eligible Kedet Kares participant has an annual matching minimum of $50 and a maximum of CAD $5,000 in each calendar year.
Kedet Kares will not match the following:
1. Charitable contributions for religious purposes or supporting religious activities, commitments, and/or programs (such as “Bishop’s Appeal” or equivalent), service attendance/ collection basket, and so on.
2. Contributions, or portions thereof, that are required and/or are not considered charitable or tax-deductible (such as event registration, ticket purchases, admission fees / “pay to play,” auction item value, and so on). Note that any non-deductible portion should be declared by the Kedet Kares donor and/or the recipient charity during the registration and confirmation processes.
3. Contributions that directly or indirectly benefit the donor, his/her family, or other person designated by the donor such as:
a. Tuition or other student expenses (including books, services, fees, T&L for volunteer trips, and so on).
b. Individual, family or group membership fees/dues, including alumni dues and subscription fees.
c. Donations to a university/college athletic association that allows the donor to purchase tickets to a sporting event.
4. “Group gifts.” Each Kedet Kares donor must register his/her own contribution for matching (for example, donors cannot register donations from others and claim them as their own).
5. Charitable contributions supporting political purposes, influencing legislation, or electing candidates.
6. Bequests, insurance premiums, or contributions made through entities such as charitable remainder or lead trusts or charitable gift annuities.
7. Real estate, in-kind, or non-monetary contributions (such as services, materials, supplies, and so on).
Note: Kedet Kares reserves the right to examine and exclude organizations, gifts, and participants as it deems appropriate.
Note that the Kedet Kares donor first should make the donation directly to charity. The Matching Gifts system is for registration and reporting only, not for making donations.
Register your gift with Kedet Kares as follows:
1. After first making your donation directly to the charity, go to the Kedet Kares Matching Gifts website (www.warroominc.com/kedet-kares)
a. Each Kedet Kares Donor may only register his or her personal donations (for instance, no “group registrations”). Registering donations made by or collected from others is prohibited.
b. Gifts made within the calendar year must be registered by the donor by the following December 31st.
c. You will need to fill out the donation matching request form and enter details such as the amount, type, and date of your gift. Note: If your donation was made for a specific purpose (such as a particular program, department, project, and so on) you may indicate that when you register for matching. To inquire or ensure how the match is used, you may follow up directly with the charitable organization.
Kedet Kares gift confirmation process is as follows:
Kedet Kares makes matching gift payments as follows:
Kedet Kares Matching Gifts Program is not part of the War Room employee benefits program, but is offered as a public service by Kedet Kares, the charitable foundation established by War Room Inc. This program is not to be construed as creating a balance due from, or legal obligation by, the War Room Inc.
If any matching activity is found at any time to have been generated by or for an ineligible person, donation, or organization, War Room Inc. reserves the right to request return of the funds. Kedet Kares determines all aspects of the program including participant, gift and recipient eligibility, and may amend or terminate the program at any time.
Questions may be directed to the Matching Gifts Customer Support Center by email to [email protected]