The time has never been better to innovate your advertising efforts.
Blah, blah, blah.
Aren’t you tired of hearing things like:
“We’re expanding Instagram advertising to make it available to businesses of all sizes.”
“We’re working to make Instagram advertising available through an Instagram ads API as well as Facebook ad buying interfaces.”
“We’ll start by opening the Instagram Ads API to a select group of Facebook Marketing Partners and agencies, and plan to expand globally.”
Well trust me, so are we. That’s exactly why we have become the first Vancouver Agency to be an approved Instagram Advertising Partner.
We can now offer you Instagram Advertising! In the near future, Instagram advertising will be available in the Instagram ads API as well as Power Editor.
Seriously. It’s a big deal. We even bought a cake to celebrate.
..and then we INSTAGRAMMED THE S#!$ OUT OF IT.
Just kidding. BUT, we’re pretty excited because Instagram advertising is the new frontier of mobile ad optimization and engagement. Why?
- The number crunchers at eMarketer estimate that 200 million users in the U.S. have smartphones, and that 1.68 billion people in the world have social media accounts – Instagram being one of those.
- Majority of mobile users are making purchases, engaging with your services and ads on mobile platforms as opposed to just desktops/tablets.
Only approved partners can run Instagram ads. Luckily, we’re one of the few that are.
How Does It Work?
First of all you have to ensure that you have been given approval by Instagram itself to become a partner.
Then from there, it’s all in Power Editor.
Create a new campaign and choose either website clicks or mobile app installs. Next to each you will see Create ads for Instagram. (Again only if you’re approved as a partner!).
Which begs the question: How do you go about setting up an ad?
It’s pretty straight-forward; creating the ad set is the same as creating a Facebook ad. The only difference is in the ad set level where you choose the placement.
*Note: Your placement can only be on Instagram or Facebook, not both.
And since we are on Instagram, sometimes people comment on your ads. How can you view these?
1.) Navigate to the Ad level
2.) Click on an Instagram ad
3.) When the ad details opens, click on the “ad preview” icon above the image
4.) Click on the “View Instagram permalink with comments” link
Ad size: 1200×1200
Text: 140 characters
- It’s all setup through the Facebook platform, which means it’s simple to navigate and you already know how to set it up.
- All reporting comes into one location with Facebook
- Currently, you can only set it up through Power Editor. Which if you use Facebook as often as we do, you know has its kinks.
As always, check out our website for more information on how to kick ass and take names in advertising.